Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Change Seats

Sharing your perception can powerfully inspire another.

One Day I was sitting in a fine dining French restaurant with a friend.  The place was absolutely gorgeous. We were sitting in the back corner of the restaurant and I was facing out. There were ivy branches hanging from the ceilings & beautiful and expensive renaissance paintings on the walls.

   I took a deep breath, looked around and said to my friend “Wow, this place is absolutely amazing!”

  She shrugged her shoulders and said “It seems OK to me."

 “Are you kidding me, look at this place." I said

At that point, she turned around and was astounded at the view at her back. "Wow- I've been staring at this brick wall." she said.

  I turned around and behind me was nothing but a tall brick wall. I then got up, sat in her seat and looked around. Again, all I saw when sitting in her seat was a tall brick wall in front of me and the hallway to the bathroom to the left. There was nothing glamorous, in fact the view was nothing better than a low end pizza joint. “Hmm” I thought to myself. What a profound moment for me. Where you are sitting and how you are viewing life? Is there something much bigger & better that you just haven't seen yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment